Urgent Help Needed to Keep ATN Alive!
Dear AllTogetherNow! Friends and Families,
Over the past two years, the owners of the AllTogetherNow Community Arts Center building have been meeting regularly with the Division of Fire Safety (DFS) in an effort to raise the facility’s compliance with fire safety codes. Owners of the building have complied with all inspection reports from DFS since opening in 2004. However, in 2021, staff from DFS chose to apply their most stringent requirements to the multi-use community building which houses four long-term residents, an art studio, and classroom. Then, in late October of this year, DFS escalated the timeline for compliance with these regulations. The cost of these upgrades far exceeds the financial means of the building’s owners, but we must comply if we are to continue providing affordable housing to our long-term residents and arts-based programming to our community. In order for AllTogetherNow! to secure the occupancy permit of the building, we have approximately $63,500 worth of immediate fire safety upgrades. We must raise this money before the end of the year. All of ATN’s programming including summer camps, art classes, and seasonal events (i.e. All Species Day, Enchanted Forest, Ice on Fire, etc.) are dependent upon the Community Arts Center building.
We need your urgent help to secure AllTogetherNow's future!
We are reaching out to our amazing community for help in our time of greatest need. We are asking now for your donation to help ATN Community Arts Center continue to enrich the Greater Montpelier area with our creative, enchanting, earth-based arts education, performance, and pageantry.
Your donation will enable us to make the following upgrades:
- Replacing our boiler = $30,000
- Installing egress windows in upstairs rooms = $6,500
- Installing fire-rated walls, ceiling, and doors in the basement and pottery studio = $18,000
- Legal and administrative costs = $9,000
Total Expenses = $63,500
Other ways you can help...
- We are requesting ARPA funds from the Town of East Montpelier. Please join the 11/20/23 Selectboard meeting via Zoom or in person to lend your support. CLICK HERE for info on how to join.
- Volunteer to help with construction and code work. Work parties will happen on Saturdays.
- We need a lawyer to work with us on a volunteer basis. If enough funds are secured, we may be able to pay.
- We need a grant writer.
- We have vacancies on our ATN non-profit board. Consider joining our board.
- Community support: It will take a village to keep AllTogetherNow! thriving far into the future. You can get involved by joining in community conversations.
For questions or to connect with us about any of the above, please CONTACT US HERE. For more information on the unfolding of recent events, you can read these Times Argus articles (part 1 and part 2), a letter from preschool parents, and this Seven Days article.
Thank you all so much for your support and participation throughout the years. Your help will enable us to continue bringing earth-based arts, education, and celebration to our community for many more years to come!
The ATN! Team